Monday, November 12, 2012

What Is Grace?

What Is Grace?

I really struggle with the concept of grace.  I know it's not popular Christian theology to say but I disagree that we don't deserve the love of God. That's how grace has been explained to me. I believe we all deserve the love of God because we were born, plain and simple. We are God's children, well made and filled with the Spirit. My children deserve every ounce of my love, always, because they were born to me, miracles, a gift pure and simple. Grace is the love that a parent has for the child, always (with bumps and challenges), but we don't have the choice to love them or not.  God doesn't have the choice to love his children or not. We belong to Him, forever, made in Her image, well made and good. Grace is unselfish and holy. We are the beloved - thanks be to God.
Paz.

No comments:

Post a Comment