Thursday, March 15, 2012

Meditation

I recieve Richard Rohr's daily meditations and they always wake me up. I feel that they beautifully, powerfully, sometimes painfully speak the Truth.
paz.

We fear nothingness. That’s why we fear death, of course, which feels like nothingness. Death is the shocking realization that everything I thought was me, everything I held onto so desperately, was finally nothing (read Kathleen Dowling Singh’s The Grace in Dying).
The nothingness we fear so much is, in fact, the treasure and freedom that we long for, which is revealed in the joy and glory of the Risen Christ. We long for the space where there is nothing to prove and nothing to protect; where I am who I am, in the mind and heart of God, and that is more than enough.
Friar Richard Rohr - more here

No comments:

Post a Comment