Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Simple Way

Just found this organization called The Simple Way. They describe themselves as:

a web of subversive friends, conspiring to spread the vision of "Loving God, Loving People, and Following Jesus" in our neighborhoods and in our world.

I'm always so inspired by people who dedicate their lives to the forgotten in our cities and rural communities (and suburban areas too!). Doesn't matter if you are Christian, Muslim or Jewish, or any faith tradition for that matter, but when anyone is called to care for and live with the poor it is evidence of God's love for all. It gives real meaning to our lives - unlike so many other pursuits and occupations. This type of work requires a special person, one who is ready to make sacrifices. Not all of us are cut out for it. Could you do it? I'd like to think that one day when my kids are older and I'm finally out of seminary that I might be called to do such work but I don't know that I could handle watching all of the suffering up close. There are so many broken hearts that need healing. Thank goodness for groups like The Simple Way.
 paz.
Check out the ordinary radicals here.

No comments:

Post a Comment